Natural Treatment for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a condition that is common among women of child-bearing age, and it often affects fertility. At Orlando Acupuncture we understand the pain and frustration associated with this disorder, especially for those who are trying to conceive. Using acupuncture, Chinese herbs, acupressure, dietary therapy and other natural treatment, we have helped many women heal and find relief from the pain of endometriosis.
What is endometriosis? Endometriosis is when, the endometrium, the tissue that lines the inside of the uterus grows in areas where it doesn’t belong. This can be in the fallopian tubes, ovaries, even on the intestines, or elsewhere in the pelvic area.
The symptoms of endometriosis vary from one woman to the next. For some the pain is mild or even non-existent, while others experience severe, constant pain. Common symptoms of endometriosis include:
- Painful intercourse
- Irregular or heavy menstrual bleeding/clotting
- Persistent or intense pain during menstruation
- Pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis or lower back that intensifies during periods
Less common symptoms include:
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- Coughing blood, or bleeding/pain in the rectal area during bowel movements depending on the location of the endometrial tissue
While allopathic medicine doesn’t really understand the precise cause of endometriosis, their theories include:
- Immune system disorder that results in endometrial tissue growing outside of the uterus
- Transfer of endometrial cells to parts of the body where they don’t belong following a C-section or hysterectomy
- Menstrual blood flowing into the pelvic cavity via the fallopian tubes rather than outside the body when it contains endometrial cells
- Genetic link
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicinal therapy have proven effective for countless women who desire better health, relief from endometriosis symptoms and improved fertility. Whether on its own or used to complement traditional Western medicine, better outcomes are achieved through treatment tailored to each patient’s needs and health issues.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs for Endometriosis
In traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture and herbal therapy are frequently used in treatment of endometriosis. The focus is to remove the underlying cause of your condition, whereas modern medical doctors often prescribe treatment or medication based on symptoms.
Acupuncture greatly reduces stress and provides pain relief; this ancient Chinese method clears inflammation, balances the hormonal and nervous systems, and promotes blood circulation.
Chinese herbs treat endometriosis in a number of ways. They relieve inflammation, dissolve scar tissue, enhance blood circulation, reduce pain, promote relaxation, stop heavy bleeding and more depending on the herb being used. Therapy for endometriosis is individualized, which means the herbal formulation is developed specifically for each patient.
At Orlando Acupuncture our women’s health and fertility specialists understand the impact endometriosis can have on your life whether or not you are trying to become pregnant. Using acupuncture, dietary therapy, Chinese herbs and other therapies, we want to help you enjoy freedom from the pain and a more vibrant, energetic life. We invite those in Orlando and surrounding areas to contact us now at 407-673-6700.